Rain or Shine, it’s always time for ice cream! These cool colors today remind me when all the Lad would eat was Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. With lots and lots of sprinkles!
Today’s card is all about the ‘sprinkles and cherries’. Or, in the paper crafting world, it’s all about the embellishments.
- First, there’s the strip of Tasty Treats Washi Tape across the center to tie the two pieces of Tasty Treats Designer Series Paper together.
- Next, there are three tiny sequins and pearls from the Sprinkles Embellishments. Hint: Use your Fine Tip Glue Pen to drop a small amount of glue directly on the card, then place your sprinkle right on the glue.
- The bowl and spoon are cut from a Silver Foil Sheet using theFrozen Treats Framelits
- I then used myClear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen to add just a touch of glitter to the bottom edges of the scoops of ice cream.
- And finally, and this is my favorite, the fudge topping and the cherry are both slathered in a shiny coating using theFine Tip Glue Pen. Layer it on and spread it with the tip. Set it aside and let it dry completely. Then, add it to the card. This gives is a lovely sheen, reminiscent of a good coating of Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping. (The cherry, I cut directly from the shiny piece of Treats Designer Series Paper, but it wasn’t shiny enough, so I added the glue to it to really make it pop!)
Did you know that bundles save you 10%.
Base: Mint Macron 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
Layer 1: Whisper White 5 1/4″ x 4″
Layer 2: Tasty Treats Designer Series Paper 5″ x 3 3/4″, cut at 2 1/2″ and one piece flipped, using both sides of the paper
Layers 3 & 4 are using the Layering Circles framelits