Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
Today, I used two of the big background stamps: Burlap and Buffalo Check. I’ve used them both on their own, but WOW when you use them together, they really pop! I stamped the Burlap stamp in Sahara Sand on Sahara Sand Cardstock to give it a very subtle textured feel. And I wanted a sharp contrast for the Buffalo Check so I chose Night of Navy on Whisper White.
Today’s card also uses the Home to Roost Stamp Set, which is FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration. Have you gotten yours yet? Tomorrow, I’m going to show you an easy way to get your own Home to Roost Stamp Set.
Layer 1: Whisper White, 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
Layer 2: Night of Navy, 5″ x 1 1/2″, punched with Banner Triple Punch
Layer 3: Night of Navy, 3 1/8″ x 2 5/8″
Layer 4: Whisper White, 3″ x 2 1/2″
- Place Burlap stamp face up on a table. Apply ink. Set Layer 1 on top of the inked stamp and rub with Bone Folder. Remove Paper.
- Repeat same process with the Buffalo Check stamp and Layer 2, using Night of Navy.
- Adhere Layers 1-2 to Base.
- Stamp rooster in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Layer 4. Color with your choice of Blends Markers. Adhere to Layer 3 and add to card with dimensionals.
- Finish with Linen Thread double bow.
When: Thursday, February 14th at 7 pm | RSVP by later than 2/12
What: Kit Night
- Bring one you already have
- Bring a Paper Pumpkin or Two to finish
- Order one from me and have it here waiting for you
Where: Michelle’s House (Directions available upon RSVP)
Cost: $10 (covers snacks & prizes) if you already have a kit. Need a kit? Order one here by 2/5!)
What to bring: Snips, adhesive, Piercing Mat (if you have one), Shammy or Stampin’ Scrub
I’ll have adhesives and a few additional kits for purchase if you need some.
There will be plenty of chocolate and prosecco, too! (But please drink, craft, and drive responsibly).