1 Corinthians 13:13
You know by now that my favorite stamp set this spring was Petal Palette. You have no idea how glad I was to see it carrying over into the new catalog. You could have taken every stamp set off my shelves if I could just have kept this set for a little longer. (Thankfully, that didn’t need to happen!) And while I love the sentiments from this set, nothing seemed to fit this card when it was finished. I scoured my shelves and came up with this one from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set. I haven’t used that one very much, and thought this sentiment was somehow fitting.
This card really is one of those that’s prettier in person. I watercolored the Flirty Flamingo background using my Wink of Stella glitter brush. Then, stamped the branches in Early Espresso. The overall effect was quite difficult to capture with the camera, though.
I will be in Washington DC this weekend visiting friends, so there won’t be a Crafty Saturday Facebook Live this week. But please, stay tuned next week. We’ll have to do a quick one before my monthly club comes at 10 . Yikes!
Happy weekend everyone! Be sure to post pictures on my Facebook page of what you’re crafting this weekend. I’m taking my Paper Pumpkin on the train with me. That ought to be fun, don’t you think?
Layer 1: Early Espresso, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 2: Whisper White, 5″ x 3 3/4″, with corners rounded using the Envelope Punch Board
Layer 3: Whisper White, cut out with Petals and More thinlets
- Squeeze your closed Flirty Flamingo ink pad to get some ink in the lid. Mix a drop or two of your Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, and quickly paint it onto the corner of Layer 2. While it’s trying, stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso.
- Stamp Bird in Tuxedo Memento Ink onto Layer 3. Color with Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Stamp one set of branches in Early Espresso. Without reinking, stamp it a few more times to get some layers and shadows.
- Adhere Layers 1 & 2. Wrap with Copper Trim that has been pulled apart and tie a bow. Add to card.
- Add bird with a dimensional.
- April 27 – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) featuring the Beautiful Bouquet Bundle. (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.
- NEW!!! Sunday April 29th – Love it! Chop it! Workshop! RSVP by 4/25. Only 8 spots available. $40 – includes full packs of Thick Whisper White Cardstock, Basic Black, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, and Snail. (More details can be found here.)
- May 6th – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm RSVP by 5/3 | Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 5/3
- May 25 – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.
- June 2nd – SUPER SATURDAY. 3 Classes and BOGO in one day! Choose just one or choose all three and receive a Free Bonus Gift! (Super Saturday Kit in a Box option will be available)
- June 10 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm RSVP by 6/7 | Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 6/7
- June 23 – 16-Card Annual Catalog Extravaganza!