- What ship are we going on? We’re sailing on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas. It’s one of the BIG ships, with 7 neighborhoods (think Central Park), 25 dining options, ice rink, zipline, 4 pools, 10 whirlpools, a carousel on the Boardwalk, high diving aqua shows, and the musical Cats!
- When and from where to we sail? We leave from Port Canaveral on October 15th, returning October 22nd.
- What is the itinerary? We have 3 days at sea, which will be our crafting days with exclusive classes, and 3 days in port. We’ll visit Royal Caribbean’s private island in Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica, and Cozumel, Mexico.
- How do I get all my crafting supplies to the ship? The ladies who have been on several scrapbooking, stamping, and other crafting cruises all recommend making a list of what you think you’ll need, and cut it in half! You will need your basic supplies (adhesives, paper snips, bone folder, etc.), and if you are planning on doing a few projects yourself, outside of group times, if you can, pre-kit them so you have only what you need. Remember, you will want to enjoy activities on the ship also. We will have the conference room (our work room) as a private room 24 hours a day for the duration of the cruise, so if you do want to go in late at night or early in the mornings, or on port days when there are no classes, you have that option. You can use a tote bag as your carry-on luggage and roll it on when you board the ship. Or, have it delivered to your stateroom with the rest of the bags.
- What are my payment options? If you would like to book, pay the full deposit required ($500 per cabin, $250 if sharing), you then have the option of paying one final payment, or making payments along the way. We can do monthly payments or, random payments. Just drop Lorelle an email of how much you want to pay and when and she can do that payment. It can be every couple of weeks or just once in a while when it suits you. What ever works best.
- What are the cancellation options? If you are keen to go and can’t find a room mate or have one and they need to cancel out before final payment, as long as any changes are before final payment date, you can cancel and get a full refund or all the money you have paid to date.
- Do we really have full access to the crating workroom for the whole cruise? Unlike some papercraft cruises, we will have a dedicated work room, not just using the dining room at specific times. So that means, you won’t need to pack up each time after class. You will get your space and can spread your things out without having to pack up each time. You can do your own projects outside of class time, anytime that it suits you.
Are we really getting a good deal on the rate? The cruise line is currently advertising a special rate of 60% off the second guest based on double occupancy. Our group rates are still better!
Inside is advertised as $973.43 per person with taxes, fees and gratuities. Our Inside is from $920.31 per person
Central Park View $1028.64 per person, our rate is from $974.31
Oceanview is about the same
Balcony is $1249.14 per person and our rate is from $1118.31.
Rates are until sold out or inventory is taken by the cruise line.
Cutting and Measurement:
Base: Early Espresso 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
Layer 1: Very Vanilla 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
Layer 2: Crumb Cake stamped with the Hardwood Background
Stamp in Early Espresso, 5 1/4″ x 4″
Layer 3: Early Espresso Scalloped Squares (3)
Layer 4: Crumb Cake Squares (3)
Layer 5: Very Vanilla Stitched Squares (3)
Layer 6: Very Vanilla Banner
Putting it all together
1. Stamp images in Soft Suede on Layer 5. Add some background using the “dots” the Timeless Textures Stamp Set in Sahara Sand. Adhere Layers 3-5 using Tombow Liquid Glue.
2. Adhere Layers 1 & 2.
3. Adhere center square with fast fuse. Adhere 2 corner squares using dimensionals.
4. Adhere all to base.
5. Stamp banner in Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla. Add sentiment in Soft Suede, along with some more Sahara Sand dots. Cut with snips and adhere to card.
6. Finish your project with 2 gold metallic circle shapes.