Sympathy cards are the ones you don’t want to send. Still, there is something comforting in knowing, even for a brief moment, you’ve brought comfort to someone in mourning.
One of my Stamping Bee Team members lost her mother yesterday. As soon as I heard the news, I knew I had to create something special for her. We’ve been crafting together for almost 5 years and she’s party of my Stampin’ Up! family. At times like these, we remember…it’s more than paper and ink. It’s the relationships and friendships we’ve built and nurtured along the way.
Hug those you love tight today and let your words be kind. Sending you all light, love, and gratitude.
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Layer 1: Basic Black, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ (cut 2)
- Layer 2: Whisper White, 5″ x 3 3/4″ (cut 2)
- Layer 3: Basic Black 2″ x 5″
- Layer 4: Whisper White 1 7/8″ x 5″
- Layer 5: Basic Black , 3 1/8″ x 2″
- Layer 6: Whisper White, Painted Labels Die
- Place Layer 2 and 4 on top of each other in the Stamparatus. Hold them together with the magnet. Ink up Very Versailles stamp with Gray Granite and stamp both layers at the same time.
- Adhere Layers 1-4 together. Wrap with Black 1/2″ Satin Ribbon and tie a knot. Add to base.
- On Layer 6, stamp tulips in Highland Heather and stems and leaves in Pear Pizzazz. Adhere to Layer 5. Add to card with dimensionals.
- Repeat tulip stem and leaves on inside layer 2 as well as envelope.
(If supply list is not showing, please visit my blog at: https://makingmemorieswithmichelle.com/blog/the-card-you-dont-want-to-send/)
- Crafty Saturday Facebook Live Saturday, February 1 @ 9 am.
- Sweet & Simple Class – Birthday Bonanza (Sunday, February 9 @ 2 pm)
- Stamping Bee Team Meeting (Sunday, February 9 at 5:30 pm. Come check us out!)
- February Card Club by Mail – Peaceful Poppies.
Monthly Sweet & Simple Class
Sign up for the Making Memories Card Club