I really like how this pink card, carries the rustic feel all the way through the card. First, the card base itself is embossed with the Pine Planks embossing folder. No, I’ve never seen pink pine planks, but it works here! Then, the hint of Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon is reminiscent of a bandanna Fern might have worn in her hair, or of curtains in Mrs. Zuckerman’s farmhouse kitchen window. Finally, the Night of Navy is repeated in the paper frame around the pig. How did she get the little pig colored so perfectly? Well, one way is to use the New Stampin’ Blends (available Nov. 1!!!) , but since she sent this before the Blends were introduced she stamped the pig onto Whisper White Card Stock to make an outline. Then stamped him again onto Powder Pink Card Stock, then fussy cut him and adhered him right onto the original outline. This paper piecing technique is so awesome! It really adds a lot of depth to a card, without adding bulk or a lot of work.
- Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 “1/2″, scored at 4 1/4”
- Layer 1: Night of Navy, 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Layer 2: Whisper White, 3″ x 2 1/2″
Final Day of Buy 3/Get 1 Free Designer Series Paper
***Ask me about Santa’s Helper Wish List. You get me your wish list + emails of family and friends. I’ll take care of the rest. If you’re local, I’ll include delivery and gift wrapping!
- November 1st – Stampin’ Blends are available to order! (Stay tuned for an extra special treat from me when you order, too!)
- November 4th – Year of Cheer Holiday Stamp Camp – RSVP by 9/30.
- November 25th – Christmas Card Club, 10 am or 2 pm. RSVP by11/15. (Available in person or “to go” by mail.)
- November 26 – Half Full Class – Burlington – 2 pm @ Lakeview
- December 2nd, Customer Appreciation Day. 10 am
- December 9th – Christmas Card Club, 10 am or 2 pm. RSVP due no later than 11/25. (Available in person or “to go” by mail.)
- December 10th – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple (Half Full)2 pm. RSVP by 12/8 (Available in person or “to go” by mail.)
- December 10th – Stamping Bee Holiday Party @ Carolina Brewery 6 pm
- December 30th – New Year’s Bingo – Stampin’ Style! You won’t want to miss out on this. Featuring Make & Takes, Bingo, Prizes, Food!. All new products and prizes from the 2018 Occasions and Sale-a-Bration Catalogs! Must RSVP and prepay no later than 12/15.
- March Madness – Stampin’ & Craftin’ @ the Beach! March 16-18. More details to come soon! Deposit $50 – available for Christmas Gift Giving!