I first saw this pretty Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper at OnStage in April It’s so pretty and delicate. It makes you think it should be tissue paper, but it’s our regular weight designer series paper. I’ve had the paper stack and the Rooted in Nature Stamp Set for a few weeks now. And while some people jump right in and start creating before they even unpack their boxes, I like to unpack everything, get it out on the shelves and then, just let it sit for a week or two. Maybe it’s ‘creative meditation’. I need to see it, touch it, and think about it before I cut it up, ink it up, and use it. My mother quilts and does the same thing. She has an amazing assortment of pretty fabric. Sometimes, she buys it with a project in mind; and sometimes, she buys it just because it’s pretty. It goes neatly folded on her shelves until the right project comes along.
The Nature’s Poem Suite was on both the OnStage and May Demonstrator PreOrders. All demonstrators and hobbyists who have joined Stampin’ Up! get to order at least a full month ahead of when the catalog is released. Want to order earlier than June? NEED to get your hands on this paper as well as other exciting new products? Join my Stamping Bee Team and you’ll be on your way to crafting with brand new products before anyone else!
I crafted with some ladies on Saturday and we were talking about re-inking ink pads. Some of them had never re-inked their pads, and they’ve been stamping for years. I think we get used to the way an ink pad stamps, and don’t realize it needs more ink. Ink pads dry out with heavy use, but they also dry out if you haven’t used them for a while. So, if you have an ink pad that just doesn’t seem as vibrant as it used to, be sure to re-ink it. You’ll be glad you did.
Layer 1: Tranquil Tide, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 2: Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper (Available now, if you’re a demonstrator; or when the new catalog is released on June 1)
Layer 3: Tranquil Tide, Layering Circles Framelits
Layer 4: Whisper White, Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Stamp sentiment in Tranquil Tide onto Layer 4. Stamp leaves in random pattern on Layer 4 in Crumb Cake, stamping it off on scratch paper first. Adhere to Layer 3.
- Adhere Layers 1 & 2 to base.
- Add several dimensionals to the back of Layer 3. Wrap 18″ of Linen Thread around the dimensionals and adhere circles to base.
- Add 2 copper Leaves Trinkets to base with glue dots.
- May 6th – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm RSVP by 5/3 | Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 5/3
- May 25 – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.
June 2018 – Get ready for annual product shares!!
- June 2nd – SUPER SATURDAY. 10 am – 2 pm @ the Dan Pollit Center in Pittsboro. 3 Classes and BOGO in one day! Choose just one or choose all three and receive a Free Bonus Gift! (Super Saturday Kit in a Box option will be available)
- June 10 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm RSVP by 6/7 | Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 6/7
- June 23 – 16-Card Annual Catalog Extravaganza. 12:30 – 4:30 pm Bond Park Community Center. Cary, NC.