I woke up to cold rain and wind this morning. In fact, when I looked at the weather, it’s warmer in Juneau than it is in Chapel Hill this morning! I’m not complaining; the Lad is having an ice storm up in the mountains. As a momma, you know I worry about him. But…that wasn’t my biggest concern. I woke up and realized, I didn’t have a card for you this morning! So, after feeding the dogs and taking them out in the rain, I made myself a cup of coffee and headed for my studio.
On the window sill, I saw a leftover deer from the Detailed Deer Thinlets Dies in black and white, where I had used the negative on a card for December’s Sweet & Simple Class. (More on that in a day or two). I hadn’t thrown the deer away, and so I built this #simplestamping card around it. I prefer the sentiments and fonts in the Peaceful Noel Stamp Set, so I stamped that in Tuxedo Black and Real Red to match the tartan in the Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper. In just a matter of minutes, I had a beautiful card that would be quite simple to duplicate if you had a stack of cards to make.
Making Memories November VIP Tutorial
Layer 1: Whisper White, 5 1/4″ x 4 (2)
Layer 2: Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper, 4″ x 3 1/4″
Layer 4: Basic Black Detailed Deer Thinlet Die Cut
- Stamp Sentiment on Layer 1 in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Stamp ‘dots’ in Real Red.
- Adhere Layers 1 & 2. Wrap with Basic Black 3/ 8″ Shimmer Ribbon and add to base.
- Color deer with Wink of Stella and add to card dimensionals.
- Tie know with the Basic Black 3/ 8″ Shimmer Ribbon and trim ends closely.
- Add 2nd piece of Layer 2 to inside of card.