Ohhhhh…don’t you love learning a new technique? Well, maybe it’s not new to you, but it’s new to me! I just love the details on the large leaf stamp in the Come to Gather Stamp Set, but I found that I needed a little zing to it on this card. I remembered seeing this cool Rock and Roll technique at an OnStage presentation and decided to give it a go. First, I inked the stamp in Crushed Curry (always start with your lightest ink first). Then, I rolled the edges of the stamp across my Pumpkin Pie ink pad and then stamped it onto my Very Vanilla Cardstock. Talk about WOW!!
I’m very pleased with how these leaves turned out. But remember…you need to clean the stamp each time before you reink it. Otherwise, you get dark colors in your lighter ink pad and that’s just a mess!
Have you tried the Rock and Roll technique? How did it turn out? Let me know below.
Base: Crumb Cake, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
Layer 1: Very Vanilla, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 2: Very Vanilla, 5″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder.
Layer 3: Crumb Cake, 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″
Layer 4: Perennial Essence Vellum, 4 1/8″ x 2 7/8″
Layer 5: Very Vanilla, 4″ x 3 3/4″
Layer 6: Merry Merlot, 2 7/8″ x 3/4″
Layer 7: Very Vanilla, 2 3/4″ x 1/2″
Layer 8: Very Vanilla (5″ x 3 3/4″) – for inside
- On Layer 5, Stamp leaves (details above) and fill in empty spots with the “spots” stamped in Crumb Cake. (Stamped off). (Stamp another Leaf on Layer 8)
- Adhere Layers 1-4 to Base.
- Stamp sentiment in Merry Merlot on Layer 7. Adhere to Layer 8 and add to card with Dimensionals.
- Add Silver Leaf Trinket and bow from Linen Thread.
- Add Layer 8 to inside of card.