I have a secret to tell you. When I joined Stampin’ Up! in 2015, I couldn’t stand Calypso Coral! It seemed like it was everywhere in the Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs that year, and I was so tired of it, I wished it would go away forever. And now, I seem to reach for it quite often. Coral’s never been a favorite of mine; it has those orange tones I shy away from. But it is a warm color that’s great for the winter blah’s. Not a bright orange, and not pink; somewhere in between. It’s funny really, because if you had suggested would use this color combination back then, I would have thought you were crazy!
And…did you notice the gold hearts? Those are actually Gold Vinyl Stickers! They’re quite fun and I’m sure I can use them for some different projects around the house. Hmmm…off to go find something I can use these on!
Layer 1: Gold Foil, 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″
Layer 2: Calypso Coral, 4 1/2 x 4 1/2″
Layer 3: Painted with Love Specialty Designer Series Paper
Layer 4: Painted with Love Gold Vinyl Stickers
Layer 5: Whisper White, 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ (for inside layer.
- Cut out letters from Layer 3 using the Large Letters Framelits Dies. Add mini dimensionals to the back of the letters and set them aside.
- Position the same letters onto Layer 2 and run through the Big Shot. You won’t need those letters, so save them for another project.
- Adhere layers 1 & 2 to the based.
- Remove the back from the mini dimensionals and carefully position and adhere them directly over the cut out letters of Layer 2.
- Add Gold Vinyl Hearts. Tie Gold Mini Tinsel around the top of the card and tie with a knot.
- Add Layer 5 to the inside of the card.