So, I’m just thrilled to say we’ve booked a flight back to the BC. This time, we’re going to spend a whole week on Vancouver Island. We’ll spend a day or two on exploring the east side and visiting a friend who lives there, then head over the mountains to Tofino, on the west coast. We were in BC a exactly a year ago, and all our pictures keep popping up in my Facebook feed. Seeing those and knowing we have a trip coming up at the end of August makes the upcoming heat and humidity of the Southern summer almost bearable.
I created the above card as part of my Creating Success swap. I couldn’t wait to share it with you. I took all my swaps that I received last week to a class, and had them out at my BOGO sale on Saturday. Every time someone looked at them, this was their #1 favorite! So exciting!
The card doesn’t involve any fancy cuts or folds; in fact, the layers are quite simple. What makes this stand out and different from cards I usually make is that it’s almost ALL stamping! Let’s take a look…
Layer 1: Pool Party: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
Layer 2: Whisper White, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 3: Real Red scrap for Adirondack Chair die cut
Layer 4: Whisper White scrap, stamped in Crushed Curry
and die cut with Lemonade die
- Stamp Layer 2 in Soft Sky with the Watercolor Wash Background Stamp
- Now, work your way from the bottom of the card to the top, stamping as follows:
- Sand (from High Tide Stamp Set) – in Crumb Cake
- Water (from High Tide Stamp Set) – in Pool Party
- Sea Grass (from High Tide Stamp Set) – in Old Olive
- Gulls (from High Tide Stamp Set) – in Basic Gray Archival Ink
- Sentiment (from Colorful Seasons Stamp Set) in Basic Black Archival Ink.
- Adhere Adirondack chair using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Adhere lemonade with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Adhere all layers to base.