Last night, I wanted to use my Blender Pens on theLots of Lavender set from the Sale-a-Bration Catalog after I heard some say they didn’t like the watercolor effect. Using the Blender Pen allows you to fill in the color more precisely and evenly. I stamped the whole image in Rich Razzleberry, then used my Blender Pen to pull the color from the stamped image. I still stamped the leaves, stems, and bow to keep the softer watercolor look. I rather like the effect, don’t you?
Then, came the time to decide what to do with it? As I said before, I think lavender lends itself so well to a rustic image and I wanted to keep that feel, but I wasn’t in the mood to make a card. I remembered I had the Lots of Love Box Framelit Die and thought it would showcase my image nicely. You never know when you need a pretty little box, too. The finished box measures 4-7/8″ x 3″ x 5/8″, and can hold treats, jewelry, or small love notes. It happens to coordinate perfectly with the new Whisper White Narrow Note Cards and Envelopes making it the perfect size for a small note card collection. I haven’t decided what to do with it just yet, but I do like the way it turned out.
- On a piece of Whisper White Cardstock, stamp the image in Rich Razzleberry. Using a Blender Pen, work quickly to pull the color into the image. (If you don’t work quickly, your paper will pill up. Using Shimmer White Cardstock removes that possibility, but I truly forgot about it last night).
- Stamp the leaves in Wild Wasabi, the bow in Crushed Curry, and the stems in Soft Suede.
- Cut out with the Stitched Shape Oval Die.
- Cut a scalloped Layering Oval out of Fresh Fig. Adhere the two ovals and add to the box with dimensionals.
- January 12 – Snow Make Up Day for 2018 Occasions KickOff Event!
- January 13th – Burlington Club @ 10 am
- January 13th – 2 pm – Stamping Bee Champagne Celebration (By invitation only; RSVP by January 12)
- January 14 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards (4 Cards) 2pm (Free with qualified purchase) Register by January 12. RSVP by JANUARY 12 AND RECEIVE 2 ADDITIONAL FREE PROJECTS!
- January 14th – Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm ($5 – stamping and dinner) Register by January 12.
- January 27th –Seasonal Sampler Series #1 – 10 am or 2 pm Register by January 15.