This morning, I grabbed my *Lily Pad Dies for the first time, and thought, “I wonder how these would work with some paper piecing?” I love how this turned out, don’t you?
I woke up to a dark, gray, raining morning, which really put a damper on my creativity so to speak. I promised you on Saturday’s Facebook Live that I was going to show case Sale-a-Bration products this week, but I wasn’t really in the mood for stamping. Do you ever feel that way? I love my quiet, creative time in the morning. The dogs are asleep by my feet, I have my first hot cup of coffee, and I make something pretty to set the tone for my whole day.
Anyway, I grabbed stamp set after stamp set and nothing was speaking to me this morning. I still had some scraps of the Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper on my desk from Saturday, and I grabbed my Lily Pad Dies and started playing. What ensued was very different from what I imagined, but I love it! It’s sunny and cheerful – perfect for this dreary winter morning. And I’m sending a care package to a friend later this week; I think it will be perfect to tuck inside and share a little sunshine.
I used quite a variety of products today, from both the Sale-a-Bration, 2020 January – to June Mini, and annual catalogs. I love how everything coordinates. I never have to worry about colors matching; I know they’ll be consistent throughout all our Stampin’ Up! products.
*The Lily Pad Dies are free with a $100 purchase through March 31, or while supplies last.
- Base: Basic Black, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Layer 1: Whisper White, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ (cut 2)
- Layer 2: Daffodil Delight Brights Designer Series Paper, 5″ 3 3/4″
- Layer 3: Basic Black: 4 1/8″ x 3 1/8″
- Layer 4: Daffodil Delight, 4″ x 3″, embossed with Scripty 3D Embossing Folder
- Layer 5: Whisper White, 2″ x 3 1/2″, punched with Delightful Tag Topper Punch
- Layer 6: Daffodil Delight Delight Lily Pad Die
- Layer 7: Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper Lily Pad Die
- Layer 8: Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper 2″ x 1/2″
Envelope: Daffodil Delight Brights Designer Series Paper, 6″ x 2 1/2″
Love is in the air…register for my Parisian Blossoms Valentine’s Card Club by Wednesday, January 15. Email me to register, or click the photo to learn more.
• Parisian Blossoms Stamp Set
• A full spool of Petal Pink 1/4″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon
• All materials needed to make 5 cards + a matching gift box and bag
• A special “pillow gift” from me
Cost: $39 with Free Shipping