The best part about the cold is being able to have a fire in the fireplace. When I was growing up in Spokane, our main source of heat all winter was our fireplace insert. Depending on the length and the severity of the winter, my dad would hand split anywhere from 3 to 6 cords of wood each year. I wonder if that’s why his shoulders and back are so messed up now? When I first saw this sheet from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper pack, the first thing I thought of was all of our stacked wood in the winter.
We have a gas fireplace now and while convenient, I miss the feel and smell of a good wood smoke fire. Still, it is rather cozy sitting in my chair wrapped in a blanket next to a warm fire.
Base: Crumb Cake, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4″
Layer 1: Early Espresso, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 2: Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, 5″ x 3 3/4″
Layer 3: Early Espresso Layering Scalloped Oval
Layer 4: Color Theory Memories & More Pack, Sentiment cut out with Stitched Shape Oval
- Adhere Layers 1 & 2 to base.
- Adhere Layers 3 & 4. Add dimensionals to back and attach two short (3″) strips of Burlap Ribbon. Adhere to base.
- Finish with 3 Old Olive Glitter Enamel Dots.
- January 6th – 16-Card + 6 card Class To Go Occasions/Sale-a-Bration Event ($50 – Cary) (1-4 pm | Stamping Bees from 10 am to 4 pm)
- January 13th – Burlington Club @ 10 am
- January 13th – 2 pm – Stamping Bee Champagne Celebration
- January 14 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards (4 Cards) 2pm (Free with qualified purchase)
- January 14th – Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm ($5 – stamping and dinner)
- January 27th – Seasonal Sampler Series #1 – 10 am or 2 pm (More info to come next week).