I’ve always been crafty. From counted cross stitch to quilting to paper crafting, I have to do something with my hands and occupy my mind. I’m not content to simply sit. I don’t like gardening; I’m allergic to grass and I don’t like to get dirty. But I love making something beautiful. Like most crafters, I rarely keep anything I make. Being able to give it away and share it with others is truly a gift, for both the recipient and the giver.
As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I often encounter women who are quick to tell me, “Oh, I’m not artistic!” Neither am I! I’m not an artist; I practice my craft [almost] daily to improve my skills. I am passionate about my craft and I love to share it with others. I know that I’ve done my job well, when someone puts ink to paper for the first time and exclaims, “I did that!” The pride in their very first card erases all self-doubt, and I often get texts and emails a few hours after they go home telling me, “Michelle, my husband couldn’t believe I made those cards myself! He didn’t know I could do that. He put them up on the mantle for everyone to see.”
In today’s “gotta have it all/gotta do it all” world, women (and men) have given up that creative side in order to pursue jobs, take care of families, keep house. To hear someone say, “I don’t have time for that”, breaks my heart. When we don’t take time for ourselves, everyone – and everything – around us suffers. And paper crafting doesn’t have to take a lot of time. Today’s card, for example, took me all of about 10 minutes. There’s a card in the new Delightfully Detailed Memories and More card pack (available June 2) that says, “Put down your phone.” While rather tongue-in-cheek, it is amazing how much more we can accomplish if we just unplug for 30 minutes a day.
I don’t just teach crafts and I don’t just sell paper…I make a difference in the lives of others. Won’t you come join me? My list of May and June classes can be found below. Or arrange for your own private card class; I’m happy to come to you. Email me today to set a date! (Qualified June hostesses will receive a Free ink pad and coordinating pack of cardstock!).
Layer 1: Grapefruit Grove, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 2: Share What You Love Designer Series Paper, 5″ x 3 3/4″
Layer 3: Grapefruit Grove Scalloped Layering Oval (You can cut it from Layer 1; no one will know!)
Layer 4: So Saffron Scalloped Layering Oval
Layer 5: Whisper White Stitched Shape Oval
- Adhere Layers 1 & 2 to base.
- Stamp image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Layer 5.
- Cut Layers 3 & 4 in half. Place a strip or two of snail on Layer 3 and line up Layer 5 onto it. Align Layer 4, slightly overlapping the ovals in the back. Flip it over and place a few dimensionals along the seam to hold all layers together. Add a few more dimensionals along the edges of the ovals and add to base.
- Finish with a Gold Enamel heart shape. (These are some of my all time favorite embellishments and they are retiring!!! AND…they’re on SALE!!! Get yours before their all gone).
- May 25 – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.
June 2018 – Get ready for annual product shares!!
- June 2nd – SUPER SATURDAY. 10 am – 2 pm @ the Dan Pollit Center in Pittsboro. 3 Classes and BOGO in one day! Choose just one or choose all three and receive a Free Bonus Gift! (Super Saturday Kit in a Box option will be available)
- June 10 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm RSVP by 6/7 | Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 6/7
- June 23 – 16-Card Annual Catalog Extravaganza. 12:30 – 4:30 pm Bond Park Community Center. Cary, NC.