The answer can be found in another question, “Why do I do Stampin’ Up? “ Why don’t I just craft by myself? I tell my friends and family that being a Stampin’ Up demonstrator is more than just paper, ink and stamps. It’s much bigger than making cards or scrapbook pages, though that is certainly a big part of it. The truth of the matter is, I’m a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator because I enjoy helping women (and men) discover their long-dormant creativity.
When we’re children, we’re free to create. In fact, we’re constantly encouraged to be creative. Little kids has paper, crayons, scissors, playdough, paint, chalk, and anything else they need to express themselves. But we think we have to stop being creative when we grow up. Elementary children are told to stop doodling or drawing pictures, and told to “pay attention”. High school notebook checks deduct points for non-academic work on notes. Adults feel their too busy to be creative when there are jobs and families to attend to.
But you know what? That creative side of us is still there. It’s just sleeping, waiting for the day we rediscover it. Nothing brings me greater pleasure than when a woman tells me, “I can’t do that; I’m not creative”, and then she stamps her first card. She doesn’t even have to put it together. She just needs to put ink to paper. All of a sudden, the “I can’ts” become the “I can’s”. “Look what I did! I did it all by myself!” Then, the next time she comes to class, she often says that her husband loved it and displayed it on the mantle, or took it to work to show everyone.
That feeling of watching someone else experience joy through their creativity is why I’m a demonstrator. And that’s what I encourage with my Stamping Bee Team, too. I love to help women who tell me, “I could never be a demonstrator”, realize their own potential and self-worth by hosting their first class. All of a sudden, those “I can’ts” become, “I can do this! I can help others be creative.” Often, my demonstrators worry about coming up with designs for a class. So I provide them for them at team meetings and quarterly-16 card events. They don’t have to use my designs, but they are certainly welcome to. They walk away with everything they need to be successful, and I’m there to help them all along the way.
But…let’s go back to my card for a minute. Why would I post a card I don’t like.
And that is what Stampin’ Up! is all about. Love it; Live it; Share it…and Make a Difference.
Layer 1: Tranquil Tide, 5 1/4″ x 4, embossed with the Layer Leaves Embossing folder
Layer 2: Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper, cut in half on the long diagonal
Scallop Circles in Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide, Whisper White
Starburst Punch in Tranquil Tide
Whisper White Circle 1 3/4″
- Adhere Layer 2 to Layer 1. Wrap Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon over seam and adhere to the back of the card. Add to Base.
- Stamp sentiment in Tranquil Tide. Distress edge of circle with scissors to get a antiqued or frayed look. Adhere to Starburst punch. Add dimensionals to the back and add some Copper Metallic Thread. Adhere to the rest of the circles.
- Add Snail to the back of the Crumb Cake circle and add more Copper Metallic Thread. Add to card.
- Add 2 Copper Leaf Trinkets with glue dots.
- June 20-27 – BOGO ONLINE!!!
- June 23 – 16-Card Annual Catalog Extravaganza. 2:15- 4:30 pm Bond Park Community Center. Cary, NC. RSVP by June 15 In person or “To Go”.
- June 29/30th – Delightfully Detailed Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.
July 2018 – Get Ready for BINGO!!!
- July 8 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm; RSVP by 7/4 Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 7/4
- July 11, 7pm– Stampin’ BINGO!!! ($35 per person | RSVP by 7/1)
- July 30th – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant. NOTE DATE CHANGE – this month only due to my Stampin’ Up! Cruise to Alaska!
- Stay tuned – Christmas Card Club Begins in August!! !
- August 25th – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.