I love snow days. When the Lad was young, they were special sneaky days to spend with my boy. Living in New Jersey, a snow day was a pretty rare occurence. It had to be a Nor’ Easter with strong winds and feet of snow in order for them to call off school, unlike when it snows in the South where even an inch will shut everything down. We just aren’t prepared for it here. And those snow days were special days filled with Legos, stories, “snacks” for lunch, and even going out to play in it. Later, when he was in middle school and high school, they were days spent working together on computers – I work from home and he had homework or research – playing games (yes video games too), watching movies curled up by the fire, going for walks in the snow and experiencing the quiet, and later, teaching him how to drive in it. It was a special bonding time, no matter what the age, because it was as if we’d stolen a day and had it just to ourselves. The peace that snow brings, the forced relaxation due to not having to be ‘busy and on the go’, these are the joys of a snow day. These are the memories I cherish. And now, with him 2.5 hours away, I’d give anything to have a snow day at home with him again.
I think I’ll send him this special “I love you” card, and tell him how much I missed spending this snow day with him. When I spoke to him last night, he told me they didn’t have any snow and how he wished he was home to be in it. If he were home, I’d make a pot of chicken soup and maybe a loaf of fresh bread, and we’d sit in front of the fire and have a Lord of the Rings marathon.
I love, you, Dude-ski and wish you were home, too.
Base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
Layer 1: Basic Gray, 5 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
Layer 2: Sweet Soiree Memories and More Cards, Striped Pattern – cut down to 5 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
Layer 3: Basic Gray, 5 1/2″ x 2 3/’4″
Layer 4: Sweet Soiree Memories and More Cards, I Love You card – cut down to 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
Layer 5: Silver Metallic Edged Ribbon.
- This card has no stamping! Just build your layers and attach it to the base. Finish with a bow attached with a glue dot!
- January 6th – 16-Card + 6 card Class To Go Occasions/Sale-a-Bration Event ($50 – Cary) (1-4 pm | Stamping Bees from 10 am to 4 pm) Registration is now closed.
- January 13th – Burlington Club @ 10 am
- January 13th – 2 pm – Stamping Bee Champagne Celebration (By invitation only; RSVP by January 12)
- January 14 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards (4 Cards) 2pm (Free with qualified purchase) Register by January 12.
- January 14th – Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm ($5 – stamping and dinner) Register by January 12.
- January 27th – Seasonal Sampler Series #1 – 10 am or 2 pm Register by January 15.