Go ahead! Challenge me! That’s exactly what my friend and fellow demonstrator, Sarah Schueler, did to me on Friday. She posted this sketch, which I loved, and then threw down a challenge: use the one stamp set I struggled with all season. Game on, my friend!
Bells are Ringing! It’s almost Christmas Day. This as been a pretty low key holiday this year. Maybe it’s because it will just be my son and I – and the dogs, of course. Or maybe because as we both get older, the spirit of the season falls more quietly. The anticipation of spending a day or two off of work with family replaces the excitement of the arrival of Santa. And the realization the the greatest gift of all can’t be found wrapped beneath the tree, but lives in our hearts and our memories.
So, let your hearts be full with songs of cheer, and ring out the bells for Christmas is here!
As I mentioned before, today’s tutorial was inspired by a sketch challenge for my Stamping Bee Team members. Using a sketch helps you use designs you might never have thought of on your own. And, even though I struggled with The Bells are Ringing stamp set, this sketch freed up my creativity and allowed me to see the stamp set in a different light.
Want to play along? Design your card, then post it over on my Facebook Group Page. We’d love to see what you made!
- Base: Whisper White, 4 1/4″ x 11″
- Layer 1: Real Red, 5 1/4″ x 4
- Layer 2: Basic Black, 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Layer 3: 4 5/8″ x 3 3/8″, embossed with the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder
- Layer 4: Basic Black, 4 1/8″ x 2″
- Layer 5: Most Wonderful Time Card Front, 4″ x 1 7/8″
- Layer 6: Basic Black, 4″ x 1″
- Layer 7: Whisper White, 3 7/8″ x 7/8″
- Layer 8: Real Red, Layering Circles Dies (cut 3)
- Layer 9: Whisper White, Scalloped Layering Circles Dies (cut 3)
Just 2 more spots left for my Stamping at the Beach Retreat. Grab yours by January 1.
Get a sample of all the new paper in the 2020 January – June Mini Catalog for just a fraction of the price. Sign up for my Paper Share by January 1.
Need a last minute gift? It’s not to late to order a Gift Certificate from me! You just print it and put it under the tree. You’ll be a hero to your favorite crafter! To get yours, email me at Michelle@MakingMemorieswithMichelle.com.