Wednesday nights are yoga nights. Some weeks I’m excited to attend, and others, like last night, you almost have to drag me there. Kicking and screaming (metaphorically, of course), I went last night and it was hard! I mean, really hard. The instructor’s mantra all night was, “How much is enough?” And I kept wanting to say, “This! This is enough!”, but I’d take one more deep breath and bend and reach deeper into the pose, pushing myself beyond my slight discomfort into awareness that I can do more with just a little more effort.
So, what does yoga have to do with card making? Everything! For the last 3 days, I’ve shown you some sweet & simple cards using the new Christmastime is Here Suite. Don’t get me wrong, they are pretty and I enjoyed making them very much. But, what happens when the suite you’re using calls for something just a little bit more? Maybe you have a new technique you want to try. Or maybe you have a set of dies like these Rose Dies that you’re just not sure how they work.
What do you do? You grab a piece of paper and practice. First, you look at your fundamentals. What do these dies do? Go ahead! Make a template and actually see what they look like.
Having everything in front of you, on paper will help you see just what it is you’re looking at. Then, you can push yourself out of your comfort zone and be creative. Yoga…it’s a practice, a discipline if you will, of mind, body, and spirit. It opens us up to new possibilities, strengthens our foundation, and enhances our creativity.
Today’s card was inspired by the die-cutting challenge issued by the Inspire Create group.
- Base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Layer 1: Early Espresso, 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Layer 2: Cherry Cobbler, 5″ x 3 3/4″, Subtle Embossing Folder
- Layer 3: Christmastime is Here Specialty Designer Series Paper, cut with Rose Dies
- Layer 4: Gold Foil, cut with Rose Dies
- Layer 5 (inside): Early Espresso, 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Layer 6 (inside): Whisper White, 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Adhere Layer 4 to Layer 2. Add Layer 3 with dimensionals. Wrap with Gold Shimmer Ribbon and tie a bow.
- Add Layers 1-2 to Base. and add 3 Gold Glimmer Enamel Dots.
- Stamp sentiment of your choice from the Christmas Rose Stamp Set in Cherry Cobbler onto Layer 6. Ink up the large Christmas Rose Stamp with Early Espresso and stamp it off on to scratch paper. Then, stamp it in the lower right-hand corner of Layer 6. Adhere Layers 5-6 to the inside of the card.