I’m not a big fan of heat embossing because, if you aren’t careful, that fine powder can get everywhere, leaving a very gritty work surface. I can’t stand a gritty work surface and I have to stop everything and clean it up.
On a scale of 1-10, heat embossing is probably a 8 or 9 on the WoW! factor scale. However, it can make a downright mess and ruin your project if you don’t turn your ceiling fan off first! (Ask me one day how I know this!) Trust me on this. You’ll be glad you did!
Would you like to win your own DIY Card Kit?Leave me a comment on the blog every day in September for your chance to win!
Layer 1: Cherry Cobbler, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 2: Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper, 2″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 3: Cherry Cobbler,2″ x 2 3/4″
Layer 4: Whisper White, 1 7/8″ x 2 5/8″
- Turn off ceiling fan!
- Stamp sentiment in Versamark onto Layer 1. Sprinkle with White embossing powder and heat set.
- Adhere Layer 2 to layer 1. Wrap with Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon. Adhere in the back and add a bow with a glue dot. Adhere to base.
- On layer 4, stamp:
- Image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Stars in Crushed Curry
- Garland in Old Olive
- Color image with Blends in :Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pool Party, and Night of Navy. (See blends video here).
- Adhere Layers 4 -5 and add to card with dimensionals.