This past Crafty Saturday, I showed you how to crate a Simple Easter Sampler. Put some joy back into our lives with a little creative self-care.
Here comes Peter Cottontail, leap frogging right over all his Easter friends. Aren’t they playful? Yet, within this sampler, no matter how full frivolity, it has some deeper symbolism to inspire us with hope.
- Rabbits were once thought to represent abundant new life
- Baby chicks symbolize new life and re-birth
- Lambs and sheep represent the lamb of God
- The three stages of the life of the butterfly symbolizes the three stages in the life of Christ; birth, crucifixion, and ascension
- Bees show us how to live in harmony within our community
Is it any wonder then, that we surround ourselves of these symbols of hope during trying times, or why these symbols figure so prominently when ushering in the joy of Easter?
Today’s sampler uses the Welcome Easter Stamp Set, along with three others from Stampin’ Up! which represent these symbols of hope, new life, and love.
- Four corner squares
- So Saffron, Scalloped Layering Squares, 3″
- Whisper White, Stitched Shape Squares, 2 3/8″
- Center rectangle
- So Saffron, 3″ x 6″
- Whisper White, 2 3/4″ x 5 3/4″