You may think I’m a bit punchy on Monday morning – and you’d be right – but how many of you have a Craft White Ink Pad sitting in your Color Caddy at home and you never use it. It’s sticky; it’s tacky, it looks weird; and you don’t know when to use it? FEAR NOT! For I bring you craft tidings of great joy! There’s no need to fear your Craft White Ink Pad! Embrace it’s sticky weirdness for what it is – a very cool tool in your crafting tool belt.
Craft White Ink is pigment ink that’s great when used with embossing folders, as well as for creating an opaque look on dark cardstock. Such was the case with today’s card. I embossed it twice using the new Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and placed it on a piece of grid paper. I opened up my Craft White Ink Pad all the way and flipped it upside down so the ink was facing the paper on the table. I then, carefully placed the ink in the cardstock, and starting at the top of the paper, drug it down across my images. I didn’t want it to touch the cardstock; just the embossed image. Repeat as needed to get the desired effect.
It truly sounds harder than it is. It does take a light hand, but this is the first time I ever tried this and it turned out great. Now the ink is tackier than other Stampin’ Up! inks, so you can either decide to set it aside and let it dry; use your heat tool on a low setting to dry it; or be like me, and very carefully continue crafting and hope it doesn’t smear. Thankfully, it didn’t. I like to live on the crafting edge!
Here’s a few interesting tidbits for you today:
- BOTH the Craft White Ink Pad & Color Caddy are retiring! And only available while supplies last. (Through May 31)
- The new Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Share What You Love Artisan Pearls are currently available as part of the Gotta Have it All Share What you Love early Release Bundle. (Remember, this is the one I’m offering a FREE 12-card tutorial if you purchase this bundle between now and May 31!)
Layer 1: Basic Black, 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 2: Pool Party, 5″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the new Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Dray your Craft White Ink Pad lightly across the raised image Layer 1. Repeat carefully as needed to cover your image. (You may wish to let this dry before continuing).
- Stamp sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. (This is from the new Detailed with Love Stamp Set – available on June 2).
- Adhere Layers 1 & 2. Wrap with Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (also available June 2) and tie a bow.
- Adhere to base and finish with 3 lovely Share What You Love Artisan Pearls
May 15: Last day to register for May’s Share What You Love Card Club. (In Person or Mailed to your door).
May 20: Registration for Super Saturday Classes due. (3 to choose from!)
May 2018 – Do you need a new catalog? Contact me to get yours in May!
- May 25 – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.
June 2018 – Get ready for annual product shares!!
- June 2nd – SUPER SATURDAY. 10 am – 2 pm @ the Dan Pollit Center in Pittsboro. 3 Classes and BOGO in one day! Choose just one or choose all three and receive a Free Bonus Gift! (Super Saturday Kit in a Box option will be available)
- June 10 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm RSVP by 6/7 | Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 6/7
- June 23 – 16-Card Annual Catalog Extravaganza. 12:30 – 4:30 pm Bond Park Community Center. Cary, NC.