When coloring the bird, I tried a few different techniques and materials. First I used the Blends, then Watercolor Pencils, but settled on ‘painting’ him using my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush dipped into ink that I had smooshed into the lids of my Stampin’ Ink Pads.
While it has several layers, this card was quick to put together. Let’s take a look at the cutting instructions in Today’s Tutorial.
Layer 1: Lemon Lime Twist, 5″ x 3 7/8″
Layer 2: Night of Navy, 4 7/8″ x 3 3/4″
Layer 3: Lemon Lime Twist, 4″ x 3″
Layer 4: Night of Navy, 3 7/8″ x 2 7/8″
Layer 5: Whisper White, 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Adhere Layers 1 & 2. Wrap with Lemon Lime Twist 3/ 8″ Mini Striped Ribbon, tying a bow on the extreme right hand side. Add to base.
- Adhere Layers 3 & 4. Add to card with dimensionals.
- Stamp branch in Lemon Lime Twist onto Layer 5. The branch is longer than the card stock so be sure to have a piece of scratch paper under it to catch the extra ink. Fill in leaf color using the Blender Pen to pull color from the outline into the leaf.
- Stamp bird in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I colored him using my Wink of Stella as a paint brush, dipping it into Night of Navy, Lemon Lime Twist, Crushed Curry, and Real Red Ink.
- Stamp sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- Adhere Layer 5 to card.
- January 12 – Snow Make Up Day for 2018 Occasions KickOff Event!
- January 13th – Burlington Club @ 10 am
- January 13th – 2 pm – Stamping Bee Champagne Celebration (By invitation only; RSVP by January 12)
- January 14 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards (4 Cards) 2pm (Free with qualified purchase) Register by January 12. RSVP by JANUARY 12 AND RECEIVE 2 ADDITIONAL FREE PROJECTS!
- January 14th – Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm ($5 – stamping and dinner) Register by January 12.
- January 27th –Seasonal Sampler Series #1 – 10 am or 2 pm Register by January 15.