A few years ago, my mother found some of the most beautiful batik quilt fabric in bright green, vibrant purple, sunset oranges, and autumn browns. She made beautiful wall hangings, and even gave me one for my birthday. Then, a few months later took it back because she thought it fit better in her house. I still haven’t understood that very well!
As I was going through my paper, a thought came to me. TheColor Theory Designer Series Paper Stack looks very similar to some of the batik fabrics in my mother’s fabric stash! So, I got out my Quilt Builder Framelits and started to play. I originally thought I’d make the same pattern in colors of the Paper Stack: Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, & Old Olive, but as soon as I started play, it quickly became fun to see how many different patterns I could make using the same paper and design. I kept everything but the pattern of the paper the same.
The Quilt Builder Framelits are incredibly versatile! In just short matter of time, I had 3 unique cards all using the exact same steps. I love that while this set is in the holiday catalog, it can be used for much more than Christmas. I was having so much fun, I had to force myself to put everything away and get ready for bed. Now…to decide which paper to ‘quilt’ with next!
And in October, when you use hostess code BYQHRTA4 to you place your order ($50 min). I will send you a super thank you gift in the mail from me!
You will receive:
- 5 free homemade beautiful cards!
- A bonus surprise goodie bag of new (retired) product of my choice! (min value $20)
Base: Whisper White Note Card, 5″ x 3 1/2″
Layer 1: Color Theory Paper, Berry Burst Marble, 4 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
Layer 2: Whisper White, 4 1/2″ x 3″, cut with Quilt Builder Framelit
Layer 3: Color Theory Paper, Berry Burst ‘crackle’, cut with Quilt Builder Framelit
- Stamp sentiment in Berry Burst onto Layer 2.
- Adhere Layers 1 & 2. Wrap a piece of Berry Burst 5/8″ Crinkle Ribbon around to the back and adhere with glue dots. Using another piece of the same ribbon, tie a small bow on the front of the card and adhere layers to base.
- Insert 4 contrasting quilt shapes to inset. (Hint: adding liquid glue to the inset, and not the paper shapes is a cleaner, easier way to insert the shapes).
- Finish with a small Clear Faceted Gem.