Speaking of food…Steven is an amazing home chef! We started Friday night with the perfect apres travel meal of Okayodon Donburi (chicken and egg rice bowl). Saturday morning was Challah French toast. And Saturday’s dinner was probably the best meal I’ve ever had in my life! He placed a bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin in the sous vide and then flash-fired (not flash cooked, because there were certainly flames) the bacon for a fast sear. Add the creamiest pommes puree and oven roasted Brussels sprouts and top it with a bourbon scallion au jus and you would have sworn you were in the finest restaurant in town.
Sunday’s meals were just as fine. He freshly milled his own grits that morning, and made luscious, creamiest grits you’ve ever had. Topped with the perfect poached egg (au sous vide, of course) and perfectly crisp bacon, it was the perfect breakfast to start our day of wine and beer tasting at local winery. Dinner’s prep had begun Friday night when he made his own pizza dough. Saturday, more pizza prep with a homemade sauce simmering for hours. No homemade pizza should be without homemade mozzarella, right? That prep started at the local Farmer’s Market to get fresh whole milk, and I got to learn and watch the whole cheese making process. Then, Sunday night, he fired up his new pizza oven and it was like heaven on a plate, er, I mean pizza peel! And…no homemade pizza dinner can be quite done without a homemade chocolate souffle and vanilla ice cream.
Seriously…I won’t have to eat for a week!
Layer 1: Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper, 2 1/2″ x 4″
Layer 2: Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper, 2″ x 3 1/2″
Layer 3: Shimmery White, 2 1/2″ x 1 1/4″
Layer 4: Balloons punched from Bermuda Bay, Berry Burst, and Vellum
- Stamp sentiment in Pool Party onto card base.
- Add Layer 1 and Balloons to base.
- Add Layer 2 with Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment in Bermuda Bay onto Layer 3 and add to card with Dimensionals.
- Finish with Self-Adhesive sequins.
- April 27 – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) featuring the Beautiful Bouquet Bundle. (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.
- NEW!!! Sunday April 29th – Love it! Chop it! Workshop! RSVP by 4/25. Only 8 spots available. $40 – includes full packs of Thick Whisper White Cardstock, Basic Black, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, and Snail. (More details can be found here.)
- May 6th – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm RSVP by 5/3 | Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 5/3
- May 25 – Card Club at my Studio (Last Friday of the month at 7 pm/ Last Saturday of the month at 10 am) (Must subscribe the 15th of the month). OR…have it delivered right to your door and #craftwhenyouwant.
- June 2nd – SUPER SATURDAY. 3 Classes and BOGO in one day! Choose just one or choose all three and receive a Free Bonus Gift! (Super Saturday Kit in a Box option will be available)
- June 10 – 2nd Sunday Sweet & Simple Cards 2 pm RSVP by 6/7 | Stamping Bee Team Meeting 5 pm RSVP by 6/7
- June 23 – 16-Card Annual Catalog Extravaganza!