In the spring the hills of California burst with a golden Poppy Parade. The state flower of California, poppies represent the gold fields of California.
I may have lived on the east coast for the last (gasp) 23 years, but I’m a west coast girl by heart. And having lived in both California and Washington, there is nothing more truly astonishing than when the California poppy fields burst into bloom. I remember driving from Sacramento to San Francisco one spring weekend, in awe at the beautiful colors that seemingly popped up in dormant brown hills overnight.
Today’s card features both Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie to recreate the beauty of the California poppy fields. I used the Painted Poppies bundle plus added a sentiment from the Seriously the Best Stamp Set. But first, I added a splattered textured background using my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen and some Mango Melody ink. Finally, I finished it off with some Peaceful Poppies Sequins in gold and black. It may be a gray winter day, but these colors will warm the heart of anyone who receives it.
The Peaceful Poppies Suite is an amazing suite of products! With handpainted flowers and watercolor washes, it’s perfect for a variety of occasions. The Peaceful Poppies Suite Bundle includes two stamp set and die bundles for even more fun! The entire suite includes:
- Painted Poppies Cling Stamp Set (10% off)
- Peaceful Moments Cling Stamp Set (10% off)
- Painted Labels Dies (10% off)
Poppy Moments Dies (10% off)
- Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper
Peaceful Poppies Sequins
- Whisper White 1/4″ (6.4 mm) Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon
- Peaceful Poppies Elements
And…when you purchase any Peaceful Poppies stamp set, bundle, or the entire suite, I’ll send you a 12-card tutorial, absolutely free! (To receive your PDF Tutorial, simple email me at: Michelle@MakingMemorieswithMichelle.com with the name of the stamp set and the date you ordered it from me).
- Crafty Saturday Facebook Live Saturday, February 1 @ 9 am.
- Sweet & Simple Class – Birthday Bonanza (Sunday, February 9 @ 2 pm)
- Stamping Bee Team Meeting (Sunday, February 9 at 5:30 pm. Come check us out!)
- February Card Club by Mail – Peaceful Poppies.